Friday, September 21, 2012

Monday Week 4 Review


I decided to stray a little from the curriculum this week.  With it being a review week we had more wiggle room to add our own ideas.


I loved playing my guitar! I felt like a rock star! I think the kids liked it too! Some favorite songs were ABCs and Wheels on the Bus.  You can see my little Elly doing the motions for "the baby on the bus".  

For the story, I chose "Pete the Cat, I Love My White Shoes".  This wasn't in the curriculum, but my mother-in-law showed this book to me and I fell in love with it! I may like it more than the kids.  If you go to www.harpercollinschildrens.com/petethecat you can listen to the stories.  


 To review the letter A, I put an upper and lower case A on the floor with red duct tape.  The kids droves cars along the tape.  I am pretty sure Noah had the best time with this activity! Good job, Noah! 

To review the numbers 0, 1, 2.  I put those numbers on the board and they were to identify how many stars were on their card and match it to the number.  I think they all did pretty well.  



Our craft was the colorful ice cream cone. The like to "do it themselves".  I need to remember that they may not do it perfect, but they need to do it independently.  

The younger kids had a great day too! Aren't they cute?
 
I loved being able to teach again.  I forgot how much fun preschoolers can be!

No comments:

Post a Comment