Thursday, May 2, 2013

Messy Play Day - The Last Day of School

It's hard to believe we made it through the whole 3 year curriculum with our little co-op. What an amazing blessing this whole experience has been! I can't believe how much our kiddos have grown up. They are really becoming such neat little people. I attribute so much of the  growth I've seen with my own child to ABC Jesus Loves Me, and to the amazing friends that we have worked through all the material with. What a gift! Look How they've grown!






 





 
 
 



 

What a great group of kids
 
And here's the whole bunch...toddlers and all!
 


To wrap up our year, I decided to set up 4 "messy play" stations in the back yard. The weather has been great, and the kids have done a wonderful job staying on task these past few weeks, that a little fun seemed to be in order.

The first station was a mud pie kitchen.



Here's Jack checking it out.
 
And then the toddlers came along...
This was some good, MESSY fun.
 
The second station was for "potion mixing". I gathered a bunch of clear bottles (both glass and plastic) and filled them with colored water. And I provided some empty jars for the kids to make potions in..pouring and mixing colors was a HUGE hit, especially for the younger kids. I was very impressed at the concentration many of them (especially CJ!) showed while creating their potions.
 
Here is the "before" shot...
 
 
 
Even Gus got in on the fun! (His face may be green for a while...)
 
Next was the bubble blowing station. I found a recipe for jumbo bubbles on Pinterest, but it didn't work as well as I'd hoped. It was also a little windy today which didn't help. But the kids didn't mind. The biggest hit was the homemade bubble snake blower. I made a couple of them by cutting the bottom off of a plastic bottle. If you put a sock over the cut end and dip the sock in the bubble juice, it makes a giant snake when you blow through the bottle. Just be careful not to inhale by accident!
 
Good job, Doc!
 
 
And finally, the biggest hit of all was the water station. I gave the kids a bucket full of water, some giant squirt "guns" from the Dollar Tree, some homemade "sponge bombs", and squirt bottles. I drew a target on the wall, and the kids had fun trying to squirt the bulls eye. This batch of water toys literally provided hours of entertainment.
 
 
 
 
Love these boys!
 
And there ya have it! A fun day for all. This is seriously the best group of kids and moms ever.
Lucky, lucky, lucky...
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing these posts. I have enjoyed following your year!

    ReplyDelete