Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Week 23: Fun with Letter and Number Review

Review weeks tend to pose a bit of a challenge for me especially since we share teaching responsibilities between three moms. I am never 100% sure what was taught at the weeks away from my home...so I decided to add some activities I found over at Confessions of a Homeschooler to our review week. The activities you see here are part of her K4 curriculum which I have been using for a couple weeks with Addison (in conjunction to our ABC Jesus Loves me Co-op).
 
Below is a game to work on matching upper and lowercase letters. The lowercase letters still give these guys some trouble, so it was good to spend some time on this.

 




Next we journaled for a bit. The topic today was to draw some place you'd really like to go.
Addison drew the ferris wheel at Disneyland...

Jack drew the bottom of the ocean (complete with a shark!)

And Noah drew some things that come from Mexico. (His mom just got back from a trip there :)

Next we had a letter hunt. I put these giant floor mats all over the house and the kids had to run around and find the letters I called out. This was such a hit we played again on Thursday.



 
We also played this number matching game. Each student got a few cards with specific numbers of items printed on them. I put the number tiles in the center of the table and they had to match the correct numeral with the amount of items pictured on each card.




The journal assignment for Thursday was to draw a picture of something that is scary.
Addison drew the haunted house from an episode of the Magic School Bus...

Noah drew the T-rex at the dinosaur museum...

Jack drew "beetle bugs" and a spider.

Then we played a number matching game. I handed out clothespins with numbers written on them and the kids had to place each clothespin on the correct part of the wheel.


 
And we played with these AWESOME letter builders I got from Learning Resources. The set comes with cards that tell the kids how to build every upper and lowercase letter. We had FUN with these...




 
It was a great week! Nice work guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment